Login throwing error

Got a problem with the Opacus Professional SugarCRM Outlook Plugin ? Please post it here
scapeme

Login throwing error

Post by scapeme » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 pm

I have been struggling with this for several days.
Issue: The plugin will not authenticate with my hosted SugarCRM.

Environment:
1) System hosted at GoDaddy (SugarCRM)latest community edition
2) Plugin running on windows 7 desktop running Outlook 2010
3) Also tried this on a laptop running windows 8.1 with outlook 2013

Work I have done:
1) Verifies that I can login to the database layer and that the use has all rights by using MySQL Workbench using a standard TCPIP connection.
2) Tried two separate users set up in Sugar.
3) I am NOT using LDAP
4) I have tried using the server IP and the server name with http:// and without http://. It appears that using an IP address without http does not work.
5) When the Key is valid in both circumstances (noted in 4 above) I receive the error: "Could not authenticate, please see the log file for more information."
6) the log file has a) Enabled logging and b) Enabled debug mode checked
7) The logfile reads:
When using the IP address xx.xx.xx.xx for the server name this is what I receive
"2014-06-18 07:40:16,569 [VSTA_Main] DEBUG OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – Attempting test login
2014-06-18 07:40:16,739 [VSTA_Main] FATAL OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
2014-06-18 07:40:16,739 [VSTA_Main] FATAL OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – Error setting up client:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at OutlookAddIn.SugarHelper.SetupClient(String SOAP_URL)
2014-06-18 07:40:16,739 [VSTA_Main] FATAL OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – There was an error configuring the connection
2014-06-18 07:40:16,739 [VSTA_Main] FATAL OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – Error testing authentication settings:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2014-06-18 07:40:16,739 [VSTA_Main] ERROR OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – Could not authenticate, please see the log file for more information

This is the result from using the servername: http://crm.[mysite].com:
2014-06-18 07:48:19,971 [VSTA_Main] DEBUG OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – Attempting test login
2014-06-18 07:48:21,127 [VSTA_Main] DEBUG OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – Attempting full login
2014-06-18 07:48:21,617 [VSTA_Main] FATAL OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – An error occured while attempting to authenticate with SugarCRM:There are multiple root elements. Line 1, position 817. STACK TRACE:
Server stack trace:
at System.Xml.XmlExceptionHelper.ThrowXmlException(XmlDictionaryReader reader, String res, String arg1, String arg2, String arg3)
at System.Xml.XmlBaseReader.EnterScope()
at System.Xml.XmlUTF8TextReader.ReadStartElement()
at System.Xml.XmlUTF8TextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlBaseReader.ReadEndElement()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message.ReadFromBodyContentsToEnd(XmlDictionaryReader reader, EnvelopeVersion envelopeVersion)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message.ReadFromBodyContentsToEnd(XmlDictionaryReader reader)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter.DeserializeBodyContents(Message message, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter.DeserializeReply(Message message, Object[] parameters)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ProxyOperationRuntime.AfterReply(ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at OutlookAddIn.SugarCRM.sugarsoapPortType.login(user_auth user_auth, String application_name)
at OutlookAddIn.SugarHelper.Authenticate(String Username, String Password)
2014-06-18 07:48:21,617 [VSTA_Main] FATAL OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – Could not authenticate
An error occured, please see the log for more information:There are multiple root elements. Line 1, position 817.
2014-06-18 07:48:21,617 [VSTA_Main] ERROR OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – Could not authenticate, please see the log file for more information

8) In the Sugar CRM site the logfile shows the following when I used the url http://crm.[mysite].com there are no entries in the log file.

I was convinced it was the hosting provider - until I validated I could login with Workbench by IP address.
There might be something to the IP address vs http//[URL]

Any suggestions? A setting in Sugar that I am overlooking? Hosting provider and SOAP call issue?
Attachments
opacus.png
Settings
opacus.png (23.17 KiB) Viewed 4188 times

opacus.daniel
Site Admin

Re: Login throwing error

Post by opacus.daniel » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:48 am

The error thrown is caused by a bad XML response from the CRM application. Are you able to login from any other SOAP powered application?

rmanasse

Post by rmanasse » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:32 pm

I am on GoDaddy and having he same problem with Authentication. I am not sure how to test the "SOAP" connection to the server. If you can help it would be appreciated.

opacus.daniel
Site Admin

Post by opacus.daniel » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:02 am

You would need to use another piece of software that also uses SOAP to authenticate. I cant directly recommend one here but there a number of other outlook plugins that use the same connection method. I suspect you will have the same problem as it seems to be an issue with the SOAP wsdl being served up by your server. It may be worth looking into an alternative hosting provider. www.enablecrm.co.uk provide dedicated SugarCRM hosting