[Workaround] Fix for 'error in deserializing body of reply'

Got a problem with the Opacus Professional SugarCRM Outlook Plugin ? Please post it here
opacus.daniel
Site Admin

Re: [Workaround] Fix for 'error in deserializing body of rep

Post by opacus.daniel » Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 am

You will need to modify the file using a local administrators account if your own account does not have sufficient privileges.

paulsherwin

Post by paulsherwin » Mon May 20, 2013 2:36 pm

I am the administrator and to check I set up another dummy admin account and that doesn't work either.- OK for some strange reason I have now managed to solve my issue of changing the config file and it now works

BudHartley

Post by BudHartley » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:13 pm

My frustration level is growing... I have been "working" on this for a few days without success. I have applied the "fix", uninstalled, re-installed, wiped my contacts out, wiped out the Sugar Database, applied the "fix", etc. multiple times (call me stubborn).

This is the content of the log file:

2013-07-11 11:02:40,057 [12] INFO OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – Syncing Contacts
2013-07-11 11:05:08,417 [12] FATAL OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – Error in deserializing body of reply message for operation 'sync_get_modified_relationships'.
2013-07-11 11:05:08,419 [12] FATAL OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – Fatal sync error:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at OutlookAddIn.SyncController.SynchroniseContacts()
2013-07-11 11:05:08,424 [12] ERROR OutlookAddIn.OSOP [(null)] – There was an error with the sync process, please see the log for more information

Yes, I did some mass updates in Sugar changing things like the company name and checking "Sync to Outlook". There are about 2,400 contacts in the database.

What shall I try next?

BudHartley

Post by BudHartley » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:06 am

OK - I will reply to my own post...

I got it to work! The "trick" was to uninstall Opacus, Delete all of the SugarCRM Contacts, Delete (after a back-up of course) all of the Outlook Contacts, then re-install Opacus and reload the Outlook Contacts.

The net of this is: Start Over

The sync has been working since earlier today although some of the updates are slow coming across - it may have to do with updates happening as a sync is happening.