Workarounds

Got a problem with the Opacus Professional SugarCRM Outlook Plugin ? Please post it here
markpickford

Workarounds

Post by markpickford » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:03 am

Hi,

Just a thought: would it be worth users posting workarounds to the small issues identified with the add-in and reported as bugs in the interim period until a new version is released and they are fixed?

In addition can we have a 'feature request' section for the pro version in the same way that there is one for the lite version.

opacus.daniel
Site Admin

Re: Workarounds

Post by opacus.daniel » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Mark I have made this topic sticky so users can post any useful tips in this topic.

markpickford

Post by markpickford » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Thanks Daniel.

Here is my first workaround:

Upon receipt of an email flagged as archived and moved to a folder other than your In-box the e-mail will appear as a task. When you try to delete the task a dialogue box appears to say that deleting the task will also delete the original email. To avoid this just right click on the red flag and then click ‘clear flag’.

This removes the email from your Tasks but it will remain in your In-box or where ever you have filed it and it will not be deleted.

I hope this helps.

Outlook 2007
Sugar CE 6.1.1
Windows 7
Last edited by markpickford on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markpickford

Post by markpickford » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Apostrophes.

Creating a meeting in Outlook with an apostrophe in the title will cause Outlook to
crash when you next sync. I do not yet know if this is the same for tasks, calls opportunities etc.

The workaround is obvious - don't use apostrophes!

Outlook 2007
Sugar CE 6.1.1
Windows 7

opacus.joe

Post by opacus.joe » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:10 pm

This has been fixed and will be released on the next version.

markpickford

Post by markpickford » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:31 am

I have noticed a small issue with opportunities created with the add-in. The issue and the workaround is described below.

Create an opportunity using the add-in and it is created in Sugar and appears in the 'last viewed' bar but doesn't appear in the opportunities list until it is edited and saved.

The cause seems to relate to the opportunity not being classified at creation and the workaround is to edit the opportunity and at this point the sales stage (prospecting) appears in the appropriate box in the form and is then saved when the opportunity is saved.

It will then appear in the opportunities list as normal.