Upgrading to the new version for 6.2+

Got a problem with the Opacus SugarCRM Thunderbird Plugin ? Please post it here
opacus.jon

Upgrading to the new version for 6.2+

Post by opacus.jon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54 pm

We have recently released a new version of the extension for SugarCRM 6.2+. License and activation keys for the older version are incompatible, but as your license(s) expires and you renew, you may find you have an activation key for this new version. Below are the steps to follow to upgrade to the newest version:

1) Ensure your Opacus address books are synced up to SugarCRM if you use them by manually syncing (Tools > Opacus SugarCRM Contact Sync).

2) Uninstall the Opacus extension (ver. 1.1.8 at time of writing)

3) Restart Thunderbird

4) Search for SugarCRM in the Tools > Addons window. Three versions of the Opacus extensions should appear. Choose the SugarCRM Integration for 6.2+, version 0.9.5 and install

5) Restart Thunderbird

6) Open Tools > Opacus SugarCRM settings and enter your SugarCRM details. Click Test Settings.

7) Click on the license tab, enter your activation key and click Activate

ggaumerd

Re: Upgrading to the new version for 6.2+

Post by ggaumerd » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Well it does not work for me...

05/04/2013 order 2339 ....

worked for a few days... but no longer... what's going on?

opacus.jon

Post by opacus.jon » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Please can you confirm that you have only a single version of the Opacus extension installed?

ggaumerd

Post by ggaumerd » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:13 am

absolutely...

I only move my SugarCRM to a different host. Then tested the connection which works but then it tells me to reenter my key.

I uninstalled it like mentioned in other posts. Re-installed but still no go. It worked beautiful until I changed my SugarCRM yesterday from Bluehost.com which does not let me use Gmail SMTP service, to sugaruk.co.uk which does and provide much faster servers.

opacus.jon

Post by opacus.jon » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:53 pm

We will need to update your activation key to remove the old license and allow you to activate for the new host. Please email me at jon@opacus.co.uk with your activation key.

Thanks