Archiving emails against SuiteCRM Tasks

What new features would you like to see in the Opacus SugarCRM Thunderbird Plugin
davenz

Archiving emails against SuiteCRM Tasks

Post by davenz » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi,

One curious omission (at least to my eyes) is the ability to archive email items against a SuiteCRM Task. I can archive emails against Project Tasks (and Cases, and so on), but being able to associate an email + attachments against a simple Task would be very useful.

Any particular reason this is not present, and any plans to implement it (I can open a feature request if needed)?

Cheers,
Dave

opacus.daniel
Site Admin

Re: Archiving emails against SuiteCRM Tasks

Post by opacus.daniel » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:58 am

The tasks module is not related to the emails module out of the box with SugarCRM, I assume the same is true for SuiteCRM.

The extension will only allow you to attach emails to modules that have a relationship to the emails module.

davenz

Post by davenz » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:36 am

Ahh, thanks – so it looks like there is some SuiteCRM module customisation I need to do here. Thanks for the pointer :)

Cheers,
Dave

davenz

Post by davenz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:08 am

Hi,

I've now added a relationship between the Tasks module in SuiteCRM 7.3 and the Activities module, which now gives me the ability to create and relate emails with tasks on the SuiteCRM side successfully. However, the list of modules in the Opacus add-on available to archive emails against is still missing the Tasks module (as in, it's just not there).

Can you please advise what the procedure is to get this working successfully, if there is some step I am missing perhaps? Please feel free also to move this to the support board (rather than feedback).

Thunderbird 38.3.0, SugarCRM Thunderbird Integration (for SugarCRM 6.2+) 1.0.0.

Thanks,
Dave

opacus.jon

Post by opacus.jon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:44 pm

If you navigate to Opacus Settings > Custom Modules, and hit Refresh, does it show up? If not, is there an error in the console?

Thanks,

Jon

davenz

Post by davenz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply – no custom modules appear, no (and I see this has been encountered before, cf. http://www.opacus.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1121). I'll obtain some logging output and post here shortly.

Cheers,
Dave

opacus.jon

Post by opacus.jon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:56 pm

Yes it has, and in both cases on SuiteCRM. I'll need to run some tests against the latest version.

opacus.jon

Post by opacus.jon » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:27 pm

A new version of the Extension has just been uploaded to Mozilla and will be available shortly after review.

It fixes this issue with custom modules, which was in fact not related to the Sugar/Suite version.

davenz

Post by davenz » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi Jon,

That's great news, thanks – I'll grab it once available and try it out.

Cheers,
Dave

davenz

Post by davenz » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:34 pm

Tested the updated add-on, and seems to work fine. Thanks for the fix! :)