Set archived email date in SugarCRM to received date

What new features would you like to see in the Opacus SugarCRM Thunderbird Plugin
danverret

Set archived email date in SugarCRM to received date

Post by danverret » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:19 pm

Would it be possible to archived the emails in SugarCRM according to the date they have been received and not the date they have been archived? This would make a lot more sense when trying to follow the information flow with a customer.

Thanks

Dan

opacus.jon

Re: Set archived email date in SugarCRM to received date

Post by opacus.jon » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 pm

Thanks for the feedback. We will look to add this as an option in both the Pro and Standard versions soon.

opacus.jon

Post by opacus.jon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:42 am

I've looked into this, but SugarCRM sets the date modified itself regardless of whatever I pass to it in the web service call. We will therefore be unable to add this as an option.

Jon

opacus.dude

Post by opacus.dude » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:51 pm

I'm new to SugarCRM just in the last couple of weeks, new to the plugin just today and I'm more of a sales guy so pardon my ignorance. I know this is an old post but I'm desperately looking for a way to resolve this. Do you happent to know if it is a viable workaround to just run these mysql updates periodically? They seem to work great but I don't know SugarCRM well enough to know if it might break something. The first one seems to be the one that's most important since the GUI seems to always use the 'date_entered' field from the emails table and not the notes table. Not sure if the second one is really necessary but I did it just in case. If so, maybe you can pass something like this via the web service:

mysql>update emails set date_entered = date_sent;
mysql>update notes a join emails b on a.parent_id = b.id set a.date_entered = b.date_sent;

Thanks for any help with this!