Adding Create Fields

What new features would you like to see in the Opacus SugarCRM Thunderbird Plugin
pmagi

Adding Create Fields

Post by pmagi » Tue May 07, 2013 9:50 am

Create is very useful, but less so since I have to go into Sugar anyway to edit the fields I want.....choosing what fields to show for Create, also custom fields, would be much better.

Rgds
PM

opacus.jon

Re: Adding Create Fields

Post by opacus.jon » Tue May 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Adding the ability for users to choose their own fields is a huge piece of work and not something we are going to undertake on the current versions. I did look at using the quick create definitions as a base for the create views, but the metadata for these views is not available in current versions of Sugar. However, the new v10 REST api in Sugar7 promises much, and I may be able to provide this functionality.

Having said that, I did start to add in a framework for adding custom fields in the version for 6.2+, but you would need to be a programmer to make use of it. What fields do you need?

MarcinK12

Post by MarcinK12 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:38 am

I have just installed the plugin for Thunderbird for evaluation and I see two major issues which prevent me from making the purchase. Lack of (fields I have created in Sugar for Leads, Bugs and others) in the Opacus forms launched when archiving is the bigger of the two.
Can you provide an update on the progress made on the framework for adding cusom fields? I have come programming background and I would love to see how it works and if it can solve the issue decribed above.
Regards,
Marcin

opacus.jon

Post by opacus.jon » Mon May 04, 2015 9:02 pm

The obvious choice here would have been to use the QuickCreate view from Sugar in the extension, but Sugar never exposed that view in the get_module_layout call. The full edit view is likely to be overkill.

How many custom fields do you need?

MarcinK12

Post by MarcinK12 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:39 am

There are between 1 and 3 fields which are critical for us. Indeed, full edit would be an overkill, but maybe there is a way to use the full edit view and have the ability of 'negative selection', i.e. an option to hide unused fields from full edit view vs 'positive selection' where one adds extra fields to the quick create?