[RESOLVED]HTML Codes Show up on Archived Emails

Got a problem with the Opacus SugarCRM Outlook Plugin ? Please post it here
opacus.daniel
Site Admin

Re: HTML code displayed in archived e-mails

Post by opacus.daniel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:06 am

This seems to be somthing that is only affecting a few people and we have not been able to reproduce the problem. If you click "edit" on the archive window what do you see in the body field?

abarbero75

Post by abarbero75 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:02 am

Hello again,

As I have read in this post: http://www.opacus.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=507 it's something that happens also in the Prof. edition.

We are trying to understand if it's possible to edit the HTML from SugarCRM, but still haven't found a solution to it.

Regards.

Angel

lederer

Re: HTML Codes Show up on Archived Emails

Post by lederer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:28 am

I have EXACTLY the same problem, after archiving messages, the html view is missing ALL opening and closing curley braces.

However, I am using the latest version of the outlook plugin (2.1.1.0) with SugarCRM 6.5.2.

I have already tried with the free version of you plugin and with the professional one, both have the same problem.

Please help us, THX!

opacus.daniel
Site Admin

Post by opacus.daniel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi SugarCRM 6.5.2 does not exist, did you mean 6.4.2...
The plugin currently offers tested support up to version 6.2. We are currently working on a new release that will support versions above 6.2.

jkostenbader

Post by jkostenbader » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:40 pm

When I click edit, I see the email as you would expect to see it in Outlook (with the possible exception that it appears to add extra line feeds). I do not see any of the HTML header information. However, when it lands in sugar it displays as illustrated above. I'm using professional version in Outlook 2007 however I can see the same thing happening in Outlook 2010. Currently using Sugar CE 6.3.0 build 7004. I would also add that it renders the viewing of archived messages extremely cumbersome. I would ask for a speedy resolution of this problem if possible

jkostenbader

Post by jkostenbader » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:43 pm

One thing to add to this thread is the fact that if I generate a new record (case, task etc) from an existing email the content inside sugar appears as it should. In other words it does not contain the html header information. Hopefully this helps troubleshoot

JoePP

Post by JoePP » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:51 am

Hi,
I have the same problem. Actually, I had it also with an older version of the Outlook Sync Tool with Outlook 2003. I worked pretty good until a couple of months ago when the server running SugarCRM has been upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10. However, Sugar CRM was not updated. As Outlook 2003 is old I changed to 2010 and bought the new Sync Tool. - And the issue remains. Anyone else having the issue in releation to Ubuntu?
BR, J

jkostenbader

Post by jkostenbader » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:20 pm

As much as I hate to say it...is there anyone monitoring these forums? This is a big problem and I'd at least like to know if somebody is looking at it. I have many complaints that archived emails are not discernible because of all the HTML garbage. Please respond. I've entered a support ticket via the dashboard several days ago and still have not had any acknowledgement of this problem. Its a fundamental flaw

opacus.jon

Post by opacus.jon » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:57 am

Hi,

We closely monitor these forums, and in fact an Opacus developer replied on the other thread about this matter last week:

http://www.opacus.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1566

We will likely merge these threads, but in the meantime could you let us know if you are connecting to your mail server using MAPI (Exchange) or IMAP?

yatin

Post by yatin » Thu May 10, 2012 4:01 am

Hi Guys

I had the same issue as shown by other thread http://www.opacus.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1566 . The issue is that libxml2 v 2.7.x has a bug. This parses the archived emails with garbage value. Need to downgrade libxml2 to 2.6.x version. Download libxml2 rpm file. Run the rpm. On the SugarCRM server just replace the ../common/lib/libxml* (under the sugar installation path) with the version of the libxml (2.6.x) file extracted earlier. Reboot the server.